Kim,

Could you explain why this causes a problem?  It has been my experience that
the jLPEX editor will insert the spaces if you type a character after your
spaces.  If you don't type anything after the spaces I don't know why you would
be inserting tabs.  The editor removes spaces at the end of a line.  I don't
know the reason, probably size issues.

Rick