> As Mark said, I used Edit -> Compare.  I wasn't thrilled by the way to get
> to the other member since I was expecting "Compare to each other" type of
> functionality or at least being able to choose from one of my existing
> filters.  I would have been happy with just typing in the name of
> the member
> I wanted (I know that's probably against the GUI mindset, but I
> can type it
> faster than browsing the entire AS/400!)  Sometimes I'm spoiled
> by PDM/SEU,
> though.

This is really screwy.

I opened one of the members I wanted to compare for editing.  Then I clicked
'Edit' 'Compare'.  I had to drill down to find the member I wanted to
compare in another library.  After clicking OK, it highlighted various lines
in the member I had previously opened.  But it didn't open the member I had
selected to compare to!  So how do I know what was different?  How do I
reconcile the members, if that's what I want to do?

Next I opened both of the members I wanted to compare for editing.  Then I
clicked 'Edit' 'Compare'.  Even though both members were already open, I
still had to drill down to find one of the members.  After clicking OK, it
highlighted various lines in the member I had previously opened, just like
before.  The second already opened member had nothing done to it, I think it
was totally disregarded.

It doesn't appear at all that this compare is designed as something to
actually use.  It just does a one shot compare and it's done.  Trying to
find the next or previous mismatches appeared to do nothing at all.  I would
be better off printing a CMPPFM.

This is a far cry from what the CODE editor did.  It brought the 2 members
up side by side and you could reconcile the members very easily.  I must be
missing something.

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.