Don, first off thanks for taking the time to try a figure out my problem.

I actually have never done a Verify before in WDSc (or I have done it so
rarely that I don't remember doing it) so this is kind of a first for me:-)
The first Verify (with Refresh Cache checked) worked perfectly and didn't
take to long at all (maybe 2 - 3 minutes). The second Verify where I didn't
select to have the cache refreshed seems to have puked (going on 10 minutes
now).  Here is my log file.

Thanks,
Aaron Bartell

!SESSION Nov 10, 2003 08:24:09.860
java.fullversion=J2RE 1.3.1 IBM J9 build 20030702 (JIT enabled)
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 Files\IBM\WebSphere
Studio\Site Developer\v5.1\.\eclipse\eclipse.exe -data C:\Documents and
Settings\ALBartell\My Documents\workspace -feature com.ibm.wdsclient
-install file:C:/Program Files/IBM/WebSphere Studio/Site
Developer/v5.1/eclipse/
!ENTRY com.ibm.etools.systems.core 4 0 Nov 10, 2003 08:24:09.860
!MESSAGE CODECommFunctions.rseOpenGet
!STACK 0
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 9
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
        at
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException.<init>(StringIndexOutOfBoundsExcep
tion.java:67)
        at java.lang.StringBuffer.charAt(StringBuffer.java)
        at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.cache.CacheManager.getUnEscapedDirectoryName(Unk
nown Source)
        at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.cache.CacheManager.getDataElementName(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.cache.CacheManager.findInDataStore(Unknown
Source)
        at com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.cache.CacheManager.load(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.cache.AbstractCacheHandler.loadChild(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.cache.NativeFileSystemCacheHandler.loadPropertie
s(Unknown Source)
        at
com.ibm.etools.systems.as400filesubsys.impl.FileSubSystemImpl.getBasicProper
ties(Unknown Source)
        at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.api.ISeriesHostObjectBasicWrapper.getBasicProper
ties(Unknown Source)
        at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.api.ISeriesHostObjectBasicWrapper.getDateModifie
d(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.comm.bridge.RSEOpenGet.write(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.comm.bridge.CODECommFunctions.rseOpenGet(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.comm.bridge.CODECommIntegrationHandler.handleReq
uest(Unknown Source)
        at
com.ibm.etools.systems.core.comm.SystemCommunicationsDaemon$CommunicationHan
dlerThread.run(SystemCommunicationsDaemon.java:78)