Tim:

I have to second Mark's excellent motion that you use the latest version.
Joe Pluta was typically understated when he said "perhaps you should
upgrade".  You must upgrade, in my humble opinion, if you plan to actually
use the product.

It's gotten geometrically better, and v5.1 is the first version I've found
actually useful.  I have, as I told someone in a note just a bit ago,
nothing but admiration for those who have successfully used v4.0; I found it
to be "not ready for prime time", in the worst way.

5.1, on the other hand, is definitely ready, and was absolutely worth the
wait.

MP

date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 09:26:15 -0500
from: "Mark Phippard" <MarkP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Filter list

Tim,

5.1 is a lot faster, especially on starting up.

On the connection dialog, there are two check boxes, you have to check them
both if you do not want to get the dialog in the future.

The Search toolbar button is doing a search of source members on your
server, like FNDSTRPDM, it is not searching the source you have open.  That
is done with Ctrl-F as you mentioned.  I seem to remember that the search
window goes away automatically if you click or do something in the source.
It stays open so you can do Find Next or another search.

Vern and Joe answered some of the others.  I will just add that Yes, I
think WDSC is ready for primetime.

Mark