I have seen some questions going around about how you obtain/order WDSC
5.1.

This is what I have found out, hope it helps.

As before, there are no specific charges for WDSC, it comes free with the
5722-WDS Licensed Program (which is PDM/SEU/Compilers etc...).  The
Edition is somewhat the exception as you are specifically paying to get
unlimited
seats of the WDSC Advanced Edition client.

So just to be clear, if you have PDM/SEU on your iSeries, then you can
order
the "Standard Edition" of WDSC for no cost by following these
instructions.  If you have
already specifically licensed the WDSC 5.0 "Advanced Edition" then you can
order the
5.1 version at no cost.

Finally, if you are currently running OS/400 V5R1 be sure to order this
ASAP,
as I believe V5R1 goes "out of service" on November 1st.  I imagine there
will
still be ways to order WDSC after that, but it will probably become more
difficult.

I would urge everyone to order WDSC 5.1 and take a look, even, or perhaps
especially, if
you have looked at the previous versions.

Thanks

Mark

WDSC 5.1 Ordering Information   --------------

If the customer wants a refresh, then they re-order the program product
number 5722-WDS and specify the feature code that they need ... 5905 if
they have WDS for iSeries and 5906 if they have WDS Advanced Edition for
iSeries.

Here is the excerpt from the Announcement Letter:

 Ordering information

                                                   Supply
                                                   feature
 PID 5722-WDS                                      number

 WebSphere Development Studio                      5905
  for iSeries V5.1

 WebSphere Development Studio                      5906
  Advanced Edition for iSeries V5.1

 The refresh is available to customers who have WDS after October 17.   If
they are a consultant
 who ordered only the client-based tools WDSC (there are only a hand-full
of these guys), then
 they can get the refresh today via Passport Advantage .. this was how the
originally ordered
 their client tools, so they'll know what that is.