I tested it out by adding a bunch of blank lines in the program, adding
RPG/FREE code without the /free statement, and saving it.  It was slow, but
this was a 8000+ source member.  I was even able to hit enter at the end of
a line and it inserted a new blank line, but there was a delay of a couple
of seconds.

I then added the /free and /end-free statements in and that was about it.
The save itself took a good 4 to 5 minutes at least, and forget hitting
enter to add a blank line.

I noticed that when it finally came back, it had managed to color code the
source lines within the free / end-free statements.  I know there is a
setting for color coding, which I will turn off and re-test as soon as I
have time to look for it in the preference black hole.

Mike Tuckman
Systems Engineer
TNT Logistics North America

 Office:    (904) 928-1516

 Pager:     (877) 291-0016

 Text Page: 8772910016@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

|         |           "Wills, Mike N.  |
|         |           (TC)"            |
|         |           <MNWills@taylorco|
|         |           rp.com>          |
|         |           wdsci-l-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com      |
|         |           09/30/2003 04:33 |
|         |           Websphere        |
|         |           Development      |
|         |           Studio Client for|
|         |           iSeries          |

<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                       |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Fax to:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  RE: [WDSCI-L] Lock up of LPEX Editor

 I have seen this too. It isn't the auto save, because it happens so
frequently. I have a Celeron 1 GHz (512 MB ram) and sometimes it takes a
min
or two like Mike said.