Perhaps this isn't an option for you.  You could store the source in the
ifs and not be limited to the length.

Phil

|---------+--------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           Vern Hamberg                                  |
|         |           <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          |
|         |           Sent by:                                      |
|         |           wdsci-l-bounces+phillip.groschwitz=fedex.com@m|
|         |           idrange.com                                   |
|         |                                                         |
|         |                                                         |
|         |           09/20/2003 09:05 PM                           |
|         |           Please respond to Websphere Development Studio|
|         |           Client for iSeries                            |
|         |                                                         |
|---------+--------------------------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> |
  |       cc:
           |
  |       Subject:  Re: [WDSCI-L] Line truncation message - how to avoid
disaster          |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Mark

I think you're right about the need for IBM to focus on languages that most

people use - C/C++ are probably used mostly by business partners developing

utility and system kinds of things. Phil Coulthard has responded to that
effect before, and I understand the need to decide where to employ scarce
resource.

I sometimes use TextPad to edit C code. It, like most Windows editors, has
no concept of record length. I've got into trouble with this sometimes.

But you can tell it to wrap at a certain number of characters.  But this
does not put newlines in, however, so it's like most ascii editors, I
suppose.

I don't know how CodeWright works - some of us use it here.

SEU has its problems, too - if you overflow a source record, the coursor
moves to the sequence number field - not a cool thing but we've all got
used to it.

Wrapping within the record length could be cool.

BTW, I noticed that there is no C/C++ parser under Remote Systems in
Preferences. I'll look elsewhere, but maybe you know - is it found
somewhere else - because that is where the preferences for the CL parser
are actually set.

Regards

Vern

At 10:53 AM 9/20/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>Vern,
>
>I agree it should do this.
>
>Remember though with Code, it had that "/400" in its name.  Even though
>there was a lot of plain editor technology in it, it was clearly made for
>the AS/400.
>
>With JLPEX this has pretty much become true as well, except that when it
>was first created that was not necessarily going to be the case.  The
JLPEX