yup, you found the problem.
In your above example, the .iseries_srcpf_metadata is a folder created as a
child folder of the folder representing the srcpf.
This folder holds all metadata for the srcpf itself, and for all members
inside the srcpf. The .NSR060.RPGLE_properties is the metadata for the
member that you have called NSR060.RPGLE.

Hope this helps,

Mazen Faraj.
Eclipse iSeries Tooling Development

"Dennis Nel" <dennisn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message
za...
> 1. Created the iSeries project using the wizard.
> 2. Right mouse click on the project and selected Team, Share project and
then VSS Configuration Wizard. (Configure the VSS Project)
> 3. Right mouse click on the project and selected Import remote objects.
> 4. selected the library and then the source file.
> 5. Once I had the source file and members within the project navigator
view.
> a. Right mouse click on the source file (QRPGLESRC), select team
> b. Select Add to VSS.
> c. This is when I get an error. ( 80020009: Invalid SourceSafe syntax:
"$AS400dev/QRPGLESRC/.iseries_srcpf_metadata/.NSR060.RPGLE_properties")
> 6. If I open VSS I am able to view the source files. (So they are within
VSS)
> 7. If I view the properties of the source file within the iSeries Project
Navigator view, I have the descriptions.

> If I analyze the above scenario, I think it is when saving the metadata to
VSS that the properties of the file is not getting into VSS.

> Therefore when I do the following;
>
> 1. Create a new iSeries Project
> 2. Configure the VSS configuration setup as above
> 3. Create a new iSeries Source Physical File.
> 4. Then rightclick on the source file, select Team, then refresh or Get
latest version
> 5. This will bring the source from VSS into my project.
> 6. If I now view the properties for the source file I have lost the
description!

> >From the above example I can clearly see that the problem is with the VSS
plugin not being able to save the "metadata" into VSS.

> I have gone to the plugin web site at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vssplugin/ and have seen that there is a bug
logged for the saving of  directories starting with period not being
synchronized properly. Hopefully they solve this soon and I will be able to
test the above again.

i2/4NexzxxA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> za...
> > Thanks Phil, I downloaded the Eclipse 2.0 compatability-release from the
> website and installed the plugin without any problems.
> >
> > This plugin really works very well within WDSC 5.0.
> >
> > At this stage there are only two issues I would like to resolve, I
> currently have a work-around but it would be nice if I could find an
> alternative;
> >
> > 1. I think this one is an issue within VSS, When I check the source file
> into the iSeries Project I loose the Text Description of the source file.
> Anybody have suggestions on this?
> >
> > 2. The readme document of the plugin states that the file icon will show
> if it has been checked out, I think WDSC overlays the plugin icon with the
> internal icon for iSeries source files (ie, local, remote, local/remote).
Is

PM -----