Yep.  The "package" or "assembly" would be modular so the web service
portion would be written separately so this module could be implemented
right into a .NET app without having to make an HTTP request, but if you
didn't have .NET, or needed to call if from a different language, it would
be available as a web service also.

Does that make more sense?

Just a side note.  I am very interested to see how Java works in WDSc, I
just didn't have time to learn the in's and outs, didn't make sense to me,
and it didn't seem flexible.  For instance, in Forte (Sun ONE Studio) I
create a Java project and add members from directories from where ever they
might exist.  Works slick.  In WDSc I create a project, and it is prompting
me for a directory "Project Contents" directory.  Now does that mean it is
looking for the base of my namespace class (c:\java) or the actual place
where my code will reside (c:\java\com\phoenix\mail)?  And in WDSc it seems
that I have to create an "alias" folder for it to see something on my
windows machine.  When I am creating the Java project I am brought to the
"Java Settings" window in the "Source" tab. I select "Use source folders
contained in the project" because that makes the "Add existing folders"
button available. I am thinking "great, now I will just go and bring in
c:\java\com\phoenix\mail and any other areas that I might want in this
project", but that isn't the case.  When I click on "Add existing folder" I
get a blank window stating that "No entries available".  Still scratching my
head on that one.

So now my project is created (without any references to my source, and I
still don't know how I am going to get it in there).  In the 'Help' it says
to go to File->New->Package, so I think "oh good, I can now add my
c:\java\com\phoenix\mail directory".  In the "Add new package" window I
select the "Browse" button because I want to bring in
c:\java\com\phoenix\mail, but nooo, once again this next window only
contains "alias folders" that I have created in other failed attempts at
creating what should be a simple Java project.

Anyways, that is about as far as I got in WDSc with Java.  I should note
that I eventually just went through RSE and edited my Java code, but it
wasn't organized in an easy to use project like in Sun ONE Studio so I just
went back to Sun ONE.  I haven't done much java coding in WDSc 5.0 but the
editor does look like it is catchin up to Sun ONE.  I think in version 4.0
it didn't allow you to have different colors and a whole bunch of other
stuff, but just looking through it now, it looks as though that is there
now.

On another point, I am trying to learn Struts.  I have a theoretical view of
what they are, but I have seen zero documents that give example of how you
would actually code with Struts in mind.  Every article I have read (one
most recently in one of the iSeries mags) has left me with  more questions
than answers.  Hey its great if Java has these cool technologies that "make
it a robust" platform for developing code, but sometimes I feel that the bit
twiddlers of the world never come down to the level of the programmers of
this world that write business software for a living to tell us how to
adequately use the tools.  Just go to jakarta.apache.org and look at the
list of technologies waiting to confuse the average Java programmer out of
their mind.  I have also been trying to learn Ant, but haven't been
successful.  That is where .NET looks so appealing.  It integrates
everything so tightly together (because it is all owned by them) and makes
it much easier to use.  Now I don't if concepts like Ant and Struts are in
.NET yet, but from the little I have done with .NET I have been blown away.
IMO, the WDSc team should learn to use Visual Studio and get some free ideas
on the little things that make a huge difference.  I am pretty sure I have
seen articles showing that is exactly what M$ does when they go to market
against their competitors.  For instance the IE developers used Netscape on
a daily basis to find the things they liked disliked and made a better
product from (some will debate this, but I don't).

Anyways, if somebody can tell me where I might be missing the boat that
would be great.  It might be that I am just stupid:-)

Aaron Bartell