Okay, I finally found the "Paste" but I think IBM could provide a better
interface.  I was in the "Work with members" filter and this does not allow
pasting.  I used the "Work with objects" filter instead to copy and paste
to a different member in the same library (had to go up and click on the
source physical file).  I guess the "Work with objects" on a file would act
a little more like PDM than "Work with members".  This still wouldn't take
care of the slowness in copying to a different library.  You would have to
create a new filter for the file and library if not there, then wait a
little while for the filter to create before pasting.
Why is the copy functionality different than the move functionality?
Typing the CPYF as a command manually in the "iSeries Commands Log" in the
lower right was faster.  With a little modification, the "Copy" function
could be faster though.  I was thinking the "Copy" and "Move" could maybe
have the same interface as the "Move" for one.  Then add a box at the top
of the dialog to allow typing the destination (default to current).  I see
there already is a box at the top of the "Move" dialog, it is just greyed
out.  I think this would be the perfect place to type in the destination
"<server>library/file(member)" or other destination.  Maybe also allow
specifying a new description for the member?  Maybe similar to the "Save
As" dialog from CODE?  The function for specifying a description would even
allow functionality not available in PDM.  Just a thought.

Thanks for the help Rick!  You helped point me to the right place.  It
wasn't the place I was expecting though.  I'm still getting used to RSE and
WDSC but I am still only using it sometimes.  I wasn't using it much at all
before the TurnOver plug-ins.  The TurnOver plug-ins made WDSC worth using
since the plug-ins  took care of the environment, library lists, projects,
etc with superior speed.  I think they are even the only plug-ins to add
functionality for viewing, editing, and saving spooled files from WDSC
(similar to Operations Navigator).  I think I will send a separate post
including this one.  I don't work for TurnOver, I just really like the
product.  :)  See info at http://softlanding.com and more at
http://softlanding.com/turnover/websphere.htm.

**Rick wrote:
Craig,

I believe the box appears after you paste to your destination.  Try pasting
and see what happens.

Rick