From: Mark Phippard [mailto:MarkP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 10:12 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: RE: [WDSCI-L] Launch WDSC 5.0 Lpex from PDM

I was going to whip up a plugin that let you open a dialog where you could
just type in the member info and open it in the editor, but after looking
around I found that IBM basically already provides the feature in a much
better way.

They key is to use the new iSeries Table View.  You can open this manually
if it is not already open by doing Window -> Show View on the menu bar. On
that view, there is a little selection widget on the top right corner.  It
brings up a drop-down menu with a Work with option.  There are then
sub-options for libraries, members and objects.  If you select members,
you can basically type in anything you want, including wildcards.  The
more you give it the faster it works.

Now it is a 2-step process since it just shows the results in the table,
and you then have to double-click to open it, but I think it is better
than what I would have done because there dialog is very nice and
remembers everything you have ever typed in it.

Give it a try.

Mark

MEovino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/20/2003 10:49 AM
Please respond to Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries