David,

After tinkering with it, it seems that this is exactly what is happening.
If I wait a minute before compiling, It uses the correct source.  Patience
is not one of my best virtues.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

                    "David McKnight"

                    <dmcknigh@xxxxxxxx        To:     Websphere Development
Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    om>                       cc:     Websphere Development
Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
                    Sent by:                  wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                    wdsci-l-bounces@xx        Subject:     Re: [WDSCI-L]
Compiles with cashed source
                    drange.com

                    06/20/2003 09:25

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    Websphere

                    Development Studio

                    Client for iSeries

Can you describe this scenario a bit for me?  I'm guessing this happens in
the case where you save and then, right after, compile.   Does it also
happen when you save and wait a bit before compiling?   There is a bit of a
delay between when the file gets saved in the cache and when the member
gets uploaded, so it's possible that this issue is caused by doing the
compile during that delay.  If we can deduce that this info certainly helps
in resolving the problem.

Thanks,
____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/643/8200/TOR
____________________________________

|         |           MWalter@xxxxxxxxx|
|         |           re.com           |
|         |           wdsci-l-bounces@x|
|         |           idrange.com      |
|         |           20/06/2003 08:32 |
|         |           Websphere        |
|         |           Development      |
|         |           Studio Client for|
|         |           iSeries          |

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                       |
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  Re: [WDSCI-L] Compiles with cashed source

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Mark,

Not sure what the issue is. I've also gotten messages in the compile
joblog, when compiling in batch, that the source member was empty. I've
changed to interactive compiles for now till this is fixed. Is there some
sort of lag between the time that the editor states that the member is
saved, and when it is actually  saved?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

                    "Mark Phippard"

                    <MarkP@xxxxxxxxxxx        To:     Websphere Development
Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    .com>                     cc:

                    Sent by:                  Subject:     Re: [WDSCI-L]
Compiles with cashed source
                    wdsci-l-bounces@xx

                    drange.com

                    06/20/2003 08:13

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    Websphere

                    Development Studio

                    Client for iSeries

If you verified the change was in the source, by using SEU, and the
compile listing points to the same source member, then I do not see how it
could be happening.  WDSC is just running the same create command as
everything else.

Now, we frequently are experiencing problems where the source is not
actually saved to the iSeries.  In our case, if we look in SEU the changes
are not in the member.  The changes are in the cached version on our PC,
so it is usually just a matter of opening the item again and saving it
again.  Nonetheless, it is a troubling problem.

Mark

MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/20/2003 07:56 AM
Please respond to Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries