Mark,

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought of Projects as a way to
organize related source members.  I wind up just making filters; it seems
to work OK for me.

Mike E.

                    "Mark Phippard"

                    <MarkP@xxxxxxxxxxx       To:     Websphere Development
Studio Client for iSeries
                    .com>                     <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

                    Sent by:                 cc:

                    wdsci-l-bounces@xx       Subject:     Re: [WDSCI-L] re:
iSeries Projects
                    drange.com

                    06/06/2003 09:30

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    Websphere

                    Development Studio

                    Client for iSeries

My understanding is that the purpose of iSeries projects was to allow you
to work offline.  In other words, pull some source down to your laptop and
go home or back to your office and work on it.  Then when you reconnect
later you push it back to build it.  I imagine it could also be used for
someone that was always connected if they had a large project they were
going to work on for several days/weeks and preferred to have the source
on their PC.  But, in general, if you are connected to your system, why
wouldn't you just use RSE anyway?

Mark

Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/06/2003 09:09 AM
Please respond to Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries