Yes, I found the missing class in dstore.jar which existed in my
/home/rbsmith/wdsc folder.  I issued a "jar xf dstore_core.jar" to expand it
and issued the ./daemon.linux script again, the server is running now,
however I have a problem with the connection.

On the linux system the response to starting running ./daemon.linux is:
Daemon running on: hlidev, port: 4035

I have set the properties of the "Files" subsystem in rse to specify port
4035 and my user profile.  However when I right client and select connect, I
am prompted for my password.  After entering the password I get: "Connect
failed: Host freebsd not found or not responding".

I have verfied the ability to connect with telnet to the host on port 4035.
Why is the connection refused, is there a log on the linux system to review?

"Don Yantzi" <yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:OF54FF6E1A.7E3DC799-ON85256D39.004EF1BF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>                       ltg.com>                 cc:
>                       Sent by:                 Subject:  [WDSCI-L] Re:
Linux server daemon

> > Has anyone tried to setup and run the rseserver code on  Redhat linux or
> > freebsd.  I followed the instructions in the help text and copied the
> > rseserver.jar file to a folder /home/rbsmith/wdsc on my redhat machine
> and
> > freebsd machine from
> >
> C:
> \WDSC\iseries\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.etools.systems.universal_5.0.1\serve
> > rruntime.  I executed jar xf rseserver.jar and expanded the jar file  I
> have
> > executed the chmod 755 on the daemon.linux, auth.pl and server.linux
> files.
> > I have tried to start the server with both the daemon.linux and
> server.linux
> > scripts.  Both have failed with a similar message. "bash:
./daemon.linux: