Scott, you only have to do steps 2 though 5 once. After doing these steps,
that filter with the
name you gave it is in your list of filters (the same one where you see
Work With Members).
So, from now on, replace steps 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 with 2) "Potentially scroll
to, and double click
the member name".

When you leave and come back into WDSC, the expanding member list will be
expanded
and showing again, so you don't even have to re-expand to get the list of
members. So really,
you have only to double click to open a member, assuming you have defined a
tight filter so
you don't have to scroll too much.

This being said, there has been a suggestion for a classic open dialog that
allows direct
opening of  a member, and we have listened to that suggestion for the next
release.

There is not too much we can do about the Browse buttons. Accessibility
rules require them to
be tabbable, and iSeries programmers like to have the equivalent to F4.
However, the trick
is to tab twice to jump past them. But again, you should only have to use
that wizard a few times,
not daily.

Tip: If you don't like having to scroll down past these 3 prompting filters
(Work With ...) you can
right click and delete them, as you can also create new filters by right
clicking on the iSeries
Objects and selecting the New cascading menu. Of course, the supplied
library list and user
libraries filters are also deletable.

Phil Coulthard,  iSeries AD,  IBM Canada Ltd. coulthar@xxxxxxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Phil Coulthard/Toronto/IBM on 06/01/2003 07:40 PM -----

                      Scott Klement

                      <klemscot@xxxxxxx        To:       wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                      s.com>                   cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [WDSCI-L] There's
gotta be an easier way...
                      wdsci-l-bounces@x

                      idrange.com

                      05/30/2003 06:37

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      Websphere

                      Development

                      Studio Client for

                      iSeries

Hi, sorry for the newbie question, today is my first day using WDSC.

Is there an easy way to open up the source member that I want to work
with?  Right now, this is what I have to do:

    1) Start Websphere Dev Studio Client
    2) click "Work with Members"
    3) type in the library/file/member that I want.   This dialog is
         awkward as hell, because I continually accidentally end
         up on the browse buttons.
    4) click "next".
    5) Now I have to type a filter name & click finish
    6) Now I have to scroll down to where it added the
         filter, and double-click the member name.

Another way that I've found is to go to the "User Libraries" item, expand
that (takes a few seconds) then go to the source library, expand that
(takes quite awhile) then go to the source file, expand that (takes quite
awhile) and finally scroll down to the member that I want.  Total time,
about 5 minutes just go get the member open.

Both of these options are INCREDIBLY awkward.

I have SEU shortcut commands that I can just type "SEURPG4 <membername>"
and get the exact member that I want in a fraction of a second.

There's GOT to be a way to open up a member that's comparably easy & fast
in WDSC, right?   (Please say yes!)