Mark, Joe, WDSC/WSAD/WSSD does support what you are looking for, as I
understand it.
The trick is to import the Jar files you want shared by multiple Web
projects, into the EAR
project (Enterprise Application project). I believe This way all the web
projects associated
with it will be able to reference the jar, and it will be deployed with the
EAR file.  Now, per
associated Web project, go to its properties and select Java JAR
Dependencies. This will
list all .jar files in the EAR project.... select the ones you want to
access.

Hope this helps.

Phil Coulthard, STSM, iSeries AD,  IBM Canada Ltd. coulthar@xxxxxxxxxxx
905-413-4076, t/l 969-4076

----- Forwarded by Phil Coulthard/Toronto/IBM on 05/29/2003 04:53 PM -----

                      "Mark Phippard"

                      <MarkP@xxxxxxxxxx        To:       Websphere Development
Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      g.com>                   cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  RE: [WDSCI-L] Newbie
Question Number One
                      wdsci-l-bounces@x

                      idrange.com

                      05/29/2003 01:10

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      Websphere

                      Development

                      Studio Client for

                      iSeries

The EAR file does have an area where you can put "shared code" so that it
does not have to reside under each web application.  You can package your
EAR file this way by using IBM's Application Assembly Tool (AAT).  As far
as I know, the WSAD tooling does not provide access to these sort of
advanced EAR file features.  I could definitely be wrong though.  If it
does, it seems like it would have to be done through the EAR project
somewhere.

All that aside, if you are using any kind of version control, even CVS, it
is very easy to manage this (at least for JAR's like JTOpen, Struts,
Xerces etc. where they change slowly).  You just connect to the repository
and add your project and everything comes in all configured.  If you have
some internal projects you want to package it sounds like you have already
discovered that you can define the Java Project in which you develop that
code as a "Library Project" to your Web Project and its code is then
automagically kept updated in the Web Project.

Mark