Aaron,

Getting lists of source files and getting lists of source members are two
different things. How
many members you have shouldn't affect how long it takes to list the source
files, and vice
versa.  So, your problem isn't listing the source files, it the members
themselves. I agree it
shouldn't take 2 minutes to list the 5000 members, and I'm surprised it
does as we significantly
improved list speed in the 5.0 release. We'll try it here to see what we
can do to reproduce it
and fix it. Generally though we don't really expect you to list all 5000
members, we would prefer
you filter it down to a useful subset that isn't too painful to scroll
though, even if it loads fast. It
also eats up a fair chunk of memory.

Can you try creating a member filter to subset the member list by name or
type, and tell us
if it is any faster with the filtering? If you filter by RPGLE, say, how
many members does that
give you? Would it help to allow filtering by other criteria, such as last
changed date-range,
or description?

Phil Coulthard, iSeries AD,  IBM Canada Ltd. coulthar@xxxxxxxxxxx