I see that the list server stripped my image so here is the text:

*Bookmark Name - any arbitrary name
*Username - AS/400 User Profile
*Password - Well if i gotta explain :-)
 Schema(optional) - Could be an AS/400 library. I leave it blank
*Connect - jdbc:as400://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (your as400's ip Address);translate
binary=true (forces conversion of ccsid 65535)
*Driver - com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver
*Type - Generic JDBC
*Driver Filename - C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\jt400\lib\jt400.jar

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

                    MWalter@xxxxxxxxxx

                    e.com                     To:     Websphere Development
Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    Sent by:                  cc:

                    wdsci-l-bounces@xx        Subject:     Re: [WDSCI-L] Re:
Need a bit of help . . .
                    drange.com

                    05/23/2003 01:35

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    Websphere

                    Development Studio

                    Client for iSeries

The  '/Program files... ' was the one that I used. From there I did a
Window-->Open Perspective-->Other and the Quantum DB Perspective should be
there. From there click on it. It should then open it. At that point you
need to make a connection to your as/400. There terminology for it is a
bookmark. Basically here is what mine looks like:

notice the ";translate binary=true" this will force translation of CCSID
65535.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

                    "Paul Pendleton"

                    <pnpendleto@xxxxxx        To:     wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                    l-ltg.com>                cc:

                    Sent by:                  Subject:     [WDSCI-L] Re:
Need a bit of help . . .
                    wdsci-l-bounces@xx

                    drange.com

                    05/23/2003 01:09

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    Websphere

                    Development Studio

                    Client for iSeries

Mark,

What did you have to do to setup this quantum plugin?  I am not sure how
plugins work for the wdsc.  I followed the instructions in the install.txt
file.  Which was basically unzip the file into the eclipse plugin
directory.

I actually found three directories with "eclipse/plugins"

Off the root I have "WDSC/iseries/eclipse/plugins" and
also "WDSC/WSSD/plugins" I know it doesn't have eclipse, but hey I tried.
and then last but not least.
"Program Files/IBM/Websphere Studio/eclipse/plugins"  I know half the work
day was spent drilling down the directory.

So, I place or extracted the jar file into all of these directories and
nothing different happens.  What have I done wrong besides convolute my
hard
drive?  What do I do now, because you have got me anxious to see this
plugin. :)

--
PAUL PENDLETON
<MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> I like it allot. It is similar to run SQL Scripts but the nice thing is
> that it's right there in the IDE. You just switch to the perspective and
> there it is. Takes a little bit of setup work. You need to know where
your
> jt400 classes are and there is a trick to convert CCSID 65535, but once
you
> get it working, it really rocks. If you have any trouble, let me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>
> Mark D. Walter
> Senior Programmer/Analyst
> CCX, Inc.
> mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.ccxinc.com
>

>                     "Scott Johnson"
>                     <sjohnson@xxxxxxxx        To:
"'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>                     h.com>                    cc:
>                     Sent by:                  Subject:     RE: [WDSCI-L]
Need a bit of help . . .
>                     wdsci-l-bounces@xx
>                     drange.com
>

>                     05/23/2003 09:27
>                     AM
>                     Please respond to
>                     Websphere
>                     Development Studio
>                     Client for iSeries
>

> Mark,
>
> I saw that plug-in out there and thought it would be really nice/cool to
> use. Since we are still on WDSc 4.0 and that plugin is for Eclipse 2.0, I
> have not had a chance to try it yet. WDSc 5.0 should be here real soon,
but
> not soon enough.
> How do you like it?
> How does it compare to "Run SQL Scripts" in Ops Nav (if you ever used
> that)?
>
> -- Scott

Behalf Of