John,

Yes, the Record Access Server is the DDM host server which can be started
with STRTCPSVR *DDM.  When you open a source member in WDSc it connects to
a DDM host server (a QRWTSRVR job in the QUSRWRK subsystem with the QUSER
id.)  You will need to look at the current user profile for the job to see
if it is yours or not (TIP:  use the your active jobs filter under iSeries
jobs in the RSE.)

Also check the following log files for more information or Java exceptions
(use your Windows user id instead of yantzi):

C:\Documents and Settings\yantzi\My
Documents\IBM\wdsc\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.etools.iseries.core\.log
C:\Documents and Settings\yantzi\.eclipse\RSE\commtrace.log
C:\Documents and Settings\yantzi\.eclipse\RSE\rsecomm.log

In WDSc V4.0 we used the *FILE host server to check the CCSID of the source
member which was why you needed access with the QPWFSERVER authorization
list.  This was changed in V5.0 so you no longer need this access.

Which release of WDSc are you using?

Don Yantzi
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: (905) 413-4476
IBM internal:  IBMCA(yantzi)  -  Internet: yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx

                      "John Taylor"

                      <lists@xxxxxxxxxx        To:       "Websphere Development
Studio Client for iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      s-tech.com>              cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  RE: [WDSCI-L] WDSC
5.01: Error RSEF1002E Opening Member
                      wdsci-l-bounces@x

                      idrange.com

                      13/05/2003 09:18

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      Websphere

                      Development

                      Studio Client for

                      iSeries

> The page you linked to is correct.
>
> Something happened with the PTF's and they had to be recreated after the
> fix pack was already made.  So the client code is reporting the old PTF
> numbers.
>
> Mark

So the PTF's being reported as missing are not actually missing after all.
Which leaves me  current on PTF's, yet with a broken "Record Access
Service".

Can anyone from IBM tell me what the "Record Access Service" is? Does it
relate to one of the host servers? Is there a job name that I can look for
to check job logs and such?

John Taylor