Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, the tab settings only impact the tab key behaviour.
I will place your suggestions for formatting options in our feedback
database.
I will also like to point out  that the best place to put feedback and
request new function is to use the following database (free registration):
https://www.ibm.com/software/wsdd/products/fred/fred.html
You can also vote on suggestions/requests made by other users and help us
prioritize your items.

thanks,
Violaine Batthish
CODE Project Lead
batthish@xxxxxxxxxx          IBMCA(BATTHISH)

                      "Mark Phippard"

                      <MarkP@xxxxxxxxxx        To:       Websphere Development
Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      g.com>                   cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [WDSCI-L] LPEX
Enhancements
                      wdsci-l-bounces@x

                      idrange.com

                      05/08/2003 09:55

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      Websphere

                      Development

                      Studio Client for

                      iSeries

I have been playing around with the LPEX more this morning and the CL
editor is actually a lot better than I thought.

It is not formatting the source the way it does in SEU when prompting, as
I indicated before.  This is an example of some source:

             Pgm

             Dcl        &Var *Char 1
             Dcl        &LongParm *Char 2

 Addlib:     Addlible   SomeLib

             If         (&Var = 'Y') Then(Do)
                Chgvar     &Var 'Y'
                If         (&LongParm = 'AA') Then(Do)
                   Chgvar     &Var '1'
                Enddo
             EndDo

             Chgvar     &A 'B'

             EndPgm

What it does is start everything in column 14 (so that there is room for a
full 10 character label before your code.  It then allows 10 characters
for the command name.  After that, everything is as you type it.  It even
automatically indents your code for you.

I think I can get used to it, but I would rather start my source in column
2 then 14 and just put the labels on the line above the code.  There is a
way to control the tab stops for CL in the preferences, but it doesn't
seem to take effect.  Although I have not tried shutting down WDSC and
restarting.

Mark