Jim

We have both Win2K and XP Pro. iSeries Express, OpsNag, etc., run fine. On both.

I change the look of XP to be the same as 2K - you can do that. The XP desktop does not let you add to the Start button the same way as 2K - it keeps only the most recently used.

Setting up networking is not fun in XP, least ways, not for me. There are so-called wizards, and they only confuse the issue for someone (me) who knew what to do in earlier releases. I could not find the scenario that matched any of my setups. I think Internet Connection Sharing is assumed, and this is not a good idea in a corporate setting.

One app that we use is Remote Desktop. I believe, though, that it is in 2K in some form, under a different name, maybe. It does what PC/Anywhere does.

What is the ROI that XP gives? What do you get that you don't get in 2K? The Win Product Activation is a potential nightmare. Present a "we're getting nothing extra, for lots of more money paid out" presentaion. Ask your boss what "real" benefit, demonstrable, he will get from XP Pro.

There are also more restrictions on hardware, I think.

Oh, yeah, XP Pro lets you play older games better than Win 2K does. That's about it, AFAIC.

HTH

Vern