>Someone here WebFaced an iSeries application using raw DDS with no
>problems.  Then went back and made a simple CFKey (function
>key) change, added some fields, and recompiled.  Then tried to
>reconvert the DDS and now gets an error about bean not found
>error 500 and jsp file not found error 404, etc.
>The new fields are not in the jsp's.

Sounds like they forgot to export the project back to WAS.  One can either
export the individual object as a file system and use drag/drop to move the
objects directly into the WAS directory tree, or export the entire shebang
as a WAR file and delete/re-install it in WAS.

>Another question: If we make screen design changes to
>pretty them up for the web (maybe changing the JSP's), then
>upload the new DDS, would we lose those screen changes?

Yes.  If you directly touch the JSP files you will lose the changes unless
you write a change management tool.  An alternative is to use Code Designer
to change the web versions of the display.  Designer puts special comments
in the DDS that WebFacing interprets as it converts.

>Also, if anyone knows of a good and simple WebFacing demo,
>documentation, etc that focuses on iSeries developers, please
>let me know.

When I used WF, there were no demos, etc. to be had, so I learnt by the seat
of my pants.  The good news is that I am not very bright, and I found WF
easy compared to WAS.  I haven't used WF in a while and don't have a recent
version anyway. so I probably can't be of much more help than to encourage
you to keep going.  Many of the 'problems' you encounter are really WAS
issues, so every hurdle you cross will be something you can use for other
web projects; not just WF.
  --buck

As always, speaking only for myself and from my own experience base.  I have
no relationship with IBM, the WebFacing team or any competing products.