 >> (I can't understand that still effort is invested in Code/400 for
example).

The there are those of us who think that a little more effort on CODE would
be a good idea.  I'm delighted that you have the kind of PC required to run
WDSc Paul - but we are having to go shopping this afternoon to check out the
cost of brand new laptops because our two year old models do not have the
horsepower/capacity to run WDSc.  Does that mean that we and most of the 400
users we work with should be forced to go back to SEU ?

Sorry, but since IBM can't make the current Eclipse based WDSc components
function worth a damn on a 600Mhz PIII with 192Mb or memory (my current
machine) then I have to stick with CODE until I can afford to replace the
PC.

Trust me - the amount if resource they are "wasting" (in your opinion) is a
drop in the bucket and would have absolutely zero impact on developing the
iSeries components within Eclipse.  In fact, in my opinion, it has been the
focus on Eclipse for the past couple of years that has caused us loyal CODE
users to be scr*wed and to have to put up with a level of bugs which, were
it not for the fact that it is _still_ much better than SEU, would have
turned me off years ago!

Sorry to get on your back Paul - this is a hot button for me.  If you want
to lay blame - lay it at the door of the Software Group executives who milk
the 400 for all the revenue they can squeeze out of it, but refuse to
allocate appropriate levels of resource!

Jon Paris
Partner400