[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

I had some problems installing SP3 yesterday morning--the SETUP program just
sat there doing nothing.

As far as I can recall, this is the sequence of events.

I was at SP2 on Win XP, on a P4.

I did my usual daily power on/start up.  Loaded Lotus Notes, OnTime, CAE.
Read some e-mail, did some green screen work.  Loaded the Code editor, and
tried to open a member.  This failed because my server had vanished.  Time to
load SP3, I thought, to see if it fixes this problem.

Closed the Code editor, closed the Communication Daemon.

Double clicked on wdsc40sp3enu.exe.

Got the "extracting files" dialog

Got the "reading contents of package" dialog

then the dialogs vanished and nothing appears to be happening.

Closed down Lotus Notes, Macafee and CAE and tried again, with the same
results.

Ran codeedit /CM, tried install again, same results.

Started the windows Task Manager and found there were 3 SETUP.EXE programs
running, but taking no CPU time.  Killed all three and tried again.  Still no
install, but there was SETUP.EXE apparently doing nothing.

Rebooted.  Stopped the communications daemon.  Had to stop it several times
because it kept coming back.  Stopped Macafee.  Ran the install again.
Installed with no problem.

I don't see anywhere on the Help/Product Information splash screen anything
that tell me that SP3 has been installed, though.

Sam

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8[1] and get 2 months FREE*