Tom / Reeve,

A couple of questions to help us track down this problem:

1.  When you say your servers have vanished, I am assuming you mean CODE
servers not Remote System Explorer (RSE) servers?

2.  Is there any scenario that seems to cause this problem that you can
remember.  (I know I am dreaming here, but can you reproduce the problem?)

3.  When you launch CODE tools (CODE Editor and Designer) from the RSE we
temporarily register the RSE server as a CODE communications server with
the name R0[last six characters of the RSE connection name] (or this could
be R1 if a collision occurs...).  These servers are not saved to disk so
rebooting your PC or closing the communications daemon will cause these
servers to go away.  The next time you launch a CODE tool from the RSE the
server is re-regeistered.  This is to bridge between the two communications
layers, and should not affect any CODE servers that you have manually
registered.

Thanks.

Don Yantzi
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab

                      "Westdorp, Tom"
                      <Tom.Westdorp@StationC        To:
wdsci-l@midrange.com
                      asinos.com>                   cc:
                      Sent by:                      Subject:  RE: [WDSCI-L]
Library list problems...and I wonder if this is why        my
                      wdsci-l-admin@midrange         servers have vanished?
                      .com

                      10/07/2002 03:06 PM
                      Please respond to
                      wdsci-l

My servers disappeared, too.  And they're still gone despite everything but
a reinstall.  I'm not inclined to reinstall just to have them walk off
again.  Still waiting for a response to your post or mine from the WDSc
folks...