Hi,

This is indeed how most companies think... if they don't see an invoice, they
don't care about lost (or better, the difference in) productivity.  Every penny
counts these days, and if they've to wait a few more days to get their newest
feature in their software, then it be like that.

And as far as that productivity is concerned, this is a dangerous issue.  Can
you tell me how much it would improve if you used Code or WDSc ?  Remember that
giving a number for this, will also result in the fact that your management
keeps this in mind for future projects.

While I agree that WDSc has some savings (especially when programming
free-format RPG, where the compiler listing isn't that good anymore for finding
errors), I also must admit that at other points it causes a tremendous loss in
time due to the lack of basic features (ex. I wanna look at the contents or
definition of a file) so that I'm switching constantly between Code/WDSc and
TN5250.  All this makes it even more complex to say how much benefit you'll
have from it to your management.

With a Thinkpad A21 that's only 1 year old (at that time it was high-end), and
384MB (memory slots are full, so I would have to replace all by others) it is
hard to justify that I need again another one, and if this is different for
you, you should be happy.

Again... to me I get good hardware from my company, but as a consultant I visit
to many companies where they story is completely different, and people often
still work with low end PII machines with 32 or 64MB.

Kind regards,
Paul