From: wdsci-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:wdsci-l-admin@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of coulthar@ca.ibm.com
Sent: zondag 18 augustus 2002 18:31
To: wdsci-l@midrange.com
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Next release?

Paul, of course we are not allowed to speculate about announced releases,
otherwise I would say that you can assume it will be based on the next
release
of our base product (WSSDA), so you might expect it within a few months of
the release of that. FYI, WSSDA's next release will also be based on the
next
release of Eclipse (2.0... which is out and many are very excited about)
and
the next release of WebSphere (which is not out).

We rarely put out releases within two months of each other :-). That
usually
gets our large customers upset as it is time-consuming to upgrade all their
developers' PCs.

I take it then your vote is either for inter-release enhancements via
service
packs, or some other form of Web download.  Correct?

Phil Coulthard, iSeries Software Architect,  IBM Canada Ltd.
coulthar@ca.ibm.com. 905-413-4076, t/l 969-4076

                      <Paul.Nicolay@Pan
                      dora.be>                 To:
<wdsci-l@midrange.com>
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      wdsci-l-admin@mid        Subject:  RE: [WDSCI-L] RE:
WSSDa feedback
                      range.com

                      08/17/2002 03:15
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      wdsci-l

Hi Phil,

No problem... but you forgot to mention one thing !

When is the next release due ?  I know it is very difficult to commit to
such promises, and/or what it will include, but as mentioned in my initial
mail this will be very important to not only attract new people to WDSc,
but
to keep them interested.

Remember that two months is a huge time frame for a user to see some things
changed (I also know how developers look at this).

Kind regards,
Paul

Oops!! I forgot to delete the original text... sorry for the very long
append!