Phil

Some more thoughts, if you please:

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool PDM user. I liked VA C++'s ability to precompile,
too. Nobody in his right mind would use it for editing, when other things
were so much easier, IMO. (Like TextPad or CodeWright, e.g.)

I have found that getting into using CODE400 does not have an obvious path.
I installed WDSC, and when I ran CODE400 and tried to open a member, I just
did not get how to change libraries or servers or I don't know what in that
window.

I __really__ need a simple, uncomplicated way to go from PDM to even
CODE400, much less WDSC. The QuickStart for WDSC does not even talk about
ADTS stuff much.

There's an audience out here of green-screen developers that want to use
these things. There's another of us that don't know how much it'd help us,
and we are wary.

However, when you seem to start from attracting Windows developers (that
_is_one of the goals, right?), non-400 types, web developers,and don't give
us much of a roadmap - and a bumpy one at that - it just doesn't help me.

I expect to start an application and be able to move around the menu
options and figure out what it's about. I've not been able to do this with
these things. There's presumably a lot of power in things like filters, but
they have, if I remember, layers you have to get through to get what you
want. It's felt messy.

I've probably just got used to it, but the Visual Studio interface makes
sense, generally.

I wish some of these comments were more specific - it's been a few days and
weeks since I looked at this thing again. The thing I want most is a
_straihgtforward- roadmap. You've heard about the confusion in place right
now. Let us have just a couple things - like installing only CODE. Some of
us just don't need VA Java and all the web stuff - yet.

Thanks

Vern