Hello,

I have created a stored procedure that receives several parameters. I'm
having problems with one of the parameters. The parameter that I'm
having problems with is a parameter that I want to use as part of an IN
expression. My sp looks like this...

CREATE PROCEDURE COHAMIRA.SP_EQTOT (

IN I_SITEID DECIMAL(3, 0) ,

IN I_FROMDATE DECIMAL(7, 0) ,

IN I_TODATE DECIMAL(7, 0) ,

IN I_EQUIPSTSCODE CHAR(3) ,

IN I_INEXPRESSION CHAR(130) )

DYNAMIC RESULT SETS 1

LANGUAGE SQL

SPECIFIC COHAMIRA.SP_EQTOT

NOT DETERMINISTIC

READS SQL DATA

CALLED ON NULL INPUT

SET OPTION ALWBLK = *ALLREAD ,

ALWCPYDTA = *OPTIMIZE ,

COMMIT = *NONE ,

DECRESULT = (31, 31, 00) ,

DFTRDBCOL = *NONE ,

DYNDFTCOL = *NO ,

DYNUSRPRF = *USER ,

SRTSEQ = *HEX

BEGIN

DECLARE C1 CURSOR FOR

SELECT CEITM , ITDSC1 , COUNT ( * ) COUNT FROM OHILIVFILE . CONVRPF
INNER JOIN

OHILIVFILE . ITMSTPF ON CENROV = ITNROV AND CEITM = ITPTNO

WHERE CENROV = I_SITEID AND CEITM IN I_INEXPRESSION AND

CESDT BETWEEN I_FROMDATE AND I_TODATE AND CESTC = I_EQUIPSTSCODE

GROUP BY CEITM , ITDSC1 ;

OPEN C1 ;

END ;

The problem I'm having is with the I_INEXPRESSION parameter. I'm
calling this procedure from a .net program. Before I call this
procedure, I build the parameter to look like that way it should, like
so:

('VALUE1','VALUE2','VALUE3')

For some reason, it doesn't like this and the sp returns an empty data
set. When I run it with just one value (that I hard-code), it runs
fine. I pass the value as a string, like so:

"AB2100" for example. I get a data set back. The problem comes up when
I attempt to use several values. How do I build this parameter so that
it effectively works correct in the IN expression?

Thank you,

Antonio Mira

Application Developer - Mid-Ohio Division

Time Warner Cable

1015 Olentangy River Road - 2nd Floor

Columbus, OH 43212

http://www.timewarnercable.com

phone: 614 827 7949

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner
Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential,
or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this
E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents
of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any
copy of this E-mail and any printout.