Another strange thing related to this.

You can display the job log and you can see the commands issued and completing successfully to close the files.

But, if you do a system request (3) to view the interactive job, you can see all of those file still open and with record locks.

From: suzanne.selvey@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:35:03 -0500
Subject: [SYSTEM21] Aurora - Advanced Orders - Record Locks

We are currently in the middle of upgrading to Aurora.
Infor has said that they are not familiar with this issue and have been unable to provide immediate assistance.

Has anyone else run into this issue with Advanced Order Entry/Amend?

The Aurora code has been converted to RPGLE and now runs under the AULSTD activation group.

The initial driver program AO001CLP overrides the commonly used databases and leaves the data paths open to improve file processing between the multiple AO programs.
For example:
OVRDBF FILE(PARTS) SECURE(*YES) OVRSCOPE(*CALLLVL) SHARE(*YES)
OPNDBF FILE(PARTS) OPTION(*ALL)

The *INLR is still parameterized in the AO RPGLE programs, as it was in JBA. I did see a specific line of code to turn on *INLR only in AO001.

The problem is....

When completing the Order normally, either through Entry or Amend the files are left open and records are locked.

I have put several programs through debug and saw AO001CLP close each file and run the Reclaim Resource Command.

But the files are actually still open and locking records, so that Order Allocation, etc. blow up on record locks.
We can't have the users sign off and back on every time they put in an order.

The system programs XA000CL, etc. programs are running in AULAM activation group.
It appears that all of the AO programs are running in the AULSTD activation group.
I noticed that some of the service programs/modules???? are running in *DFTACTGRP. Could this be causing the problem?

AO005 QUAMODSP4 AULSTD
QRNXIO QSYS AULSTD
QWSGET QSYS *DFTACTGRP
QT3REQIO QSYS *DFTACTGRP

I am not sure if it is an issue with the *INLR parameters or an issue related to using activation groups.

I tried using the Reclaim Activation Group command in AO001CLP, but it just dumped all over the place.

Has anyone else run into this is with Aurora?
How do the *INLR parameters get turned on in AO005, AO009, AO013, etc?

Any suggestions???

Thanks,
Suzanne Selvey