Is anyone using a generic RPC mechanism to call AS400 programs from a
64-bit Windows client (Windows Server 2003 64-bit Standard Edition is
what we are using)?

We purchased eSupply from JBA years ago. We are no longer on support
and even back then support for eSupply was limited. We have developed
our own eCommerce applications, but still use an eSupply dll named
chpm1cad.dll. We do have RPG source code for JBA, but not for this dll.
We use three functions within the dll to a) make a connection to a proxy
program on the AS400 (named jbachp), b) pass in the AS400 program name
and parameters to it, and c) close the connection to the proxy.

The current problem we are having is that IIS running on 64-bit windows
is returning an error when we try to call the 32-bit dll. Hopefully
I'll be able to write a wrapper to get around that, but if not, our best
bet is probably to find a generic RPC mechanism for the AS400 that has a
64-bit Windows client component. In a worst-case scenario, if the
jbachp proxy was providing some vital function that a generic RPC
doesn't handle, we could always reverse-engineer the client side and
completely replace the dll. I don't think the format of the data sent
over the wire is very complicated, aside from a possible ASCII to EBCDIC
conversion (which might be done in the server side proxy instead).

Dan Thomas

Vice President

RxCrossroads

Office: 502-213-1208

Cell: 502-296-8045

Fax: 502-753-8356

dthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity
material, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in
error, please contact me and destroy the materials contained in this
message.