Dear Richard

U always gives a solution.

----- Original Message ----
From: "richard_caldicott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <richard_caldicott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: System 21 Users <system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, October 13, 2009 10:05:39 PM
Subject: Re: [SYSTEM21] Net Profit (memo)

I guess everyone is nervous about the possibility of changes figures that
have already been reported. Also the job can take a long time. It is
often easier and quicker to find the error and fix it manually

If it is really necessary to rebuild the balances, what I have sometimes
done, is to repost everything instead - mainly because I can control it.

Assuming you have no currency balances... First, after ending the
background job, you have to check that you have no FLP008 records with an
updnog of 0 and no FLP007 with an UPDNOG of -1 (Note this sometimes
displays as a positive 1 due to editing). Next you chose your starting
point and set your company profile back to that period (say 10812) and
change all FLP007 records greater than your start period to an UPDNOG of
-1 and FLP008 to an UPDNOG of 0. Next remove all FLP004 records for
periods greater than your start. Now perform month end. Change all
FLP007 records for the new period to 0 and then start the background job.
This will post that periods transactions. Then end the background job and
advance the period, repeating the process until you are up to date.

You could of course do all the updates and then roll the periods.

The usual things about testing and backing up apply as always.

I guess my biggest concern here is understanding what happened as I don't
like mysteries. There is always a reason as to why things happen.

Richard Caldicott
Director - Implementation
Tandy Brands Accessories
817-548-0090 extn 146