If you had a credit balance with your vendor for $100 and he sent you $100
which was processed through Supplier receipts, the account would net to
zero. You may wish to use manual payments to match off the cash received
to the credit balance. It sounds as if either the amounts didn't net off
or the credit balance was held so that it was ignored by the payments
process. By now you will have canceled the check your A/p department
created so you should first ensure things balance out and then use manual
payments to match the account off.

Richard Caldicott
Director of Implementations
& Efficiency
Tandy Brands Accessories
817-548-0090 extn 146

Randy Rasp <rrasp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: system21-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/28/2008 02:12 PM
Please respond to
System 21 Users <system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

SYSTEM21@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[SYSTEM21] Credit with a vendor

Hello all,

Our A/P department has a situation that we don't know how to handle. All
of the people in that department were not here during the training and
implementation of S/21 13 years ago so this may be something simple.

We have a vendor that we no longer do business with. Somehow we ended up
with a credit balance with them and the vendor finally decided to cut us a
check and mail it to us.

I talked with someone at JBA when they were visiting last week and he said
to use Supplier Receipt on the /CSP menu, and to do a couple of other
things, but we were at lunch and I can't remember what those other things
were.

The girls did the Supplier Receipt and when they printed checks, they
actually got a check for a negative amount for that vendor!

Can anyone point us in the right direction or to some documentation that
could help us?

Thanks!

Randy Rasp
AER Manufacturing