If you are loading MSP75 or MRP75 from an external source, be make sure
you can maintaining the forecast data via 13/MPF or 13/MRF. If the data
looks good in the maintenance then you should be OK. You can also compare
the forecast record before and after you use the maintenance program to
check for differences.

Check the following settings (We only use MPS so I'm not sure if these
setting are the same for MRP or not)

On your production details and on your overrides for multi-plant, make
sure you are using a demand policy that include forecast data.

On your MPS Run details the F18 additional parms there are two Forecast
settings:

Forecast Basis................... 1 (0=Daily, 1=Period)

Forecast Netting Basis.......... 2 (0=Central, 1=Planning Unit, 2=Both)

I hope this helps.

Dave Barry
Programming Manager
Dawn Food Products, Inc.
(517) 780-4354
dbarry@xxxxxxxxxxxx

GREGORY WIECZOREK <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: system21-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/18/2007 06:21 PM
Please respond to
System 21 Users <system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

System 21 Users <system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [SYSTEM21] Forecast/MRP interfacing.

Jim

Make sure the demand filter for each MPS item is set
to use a forecast. If memory serves, a value of 2 will
use the greater of forecast or actual demand in a
planning period.

Greg
--- Jim Kerr <JKerr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the response Suren.

And yes, I would like little more detail !

It seems straight forward enough but testing is not
yielding the results I
thought it would.

I am loading MSP75 and running the MPS function but
the MSP75 records are
not being pulled into MPS. I was expecting the MPS
to create the necessary
demand and I would have visibility to the demand in
the "Review MPS"
function. The items are defined as MPS items so I am
not sure where to look
for a problem.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Jim.