Dear Ernest,

Thank you so much for your response and for the level of detail you provided. You have included items that would taken us a great deal of time to figure out and we are extremely appreciative of your time and concern.

Best wishes now and in the future.

Kent Winship

From: Ernest Klubis <EKlubis@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

Please find attached sample instructions for bank reconciliation that we
use in our company.

Bank Reconciliation Instructions

This document describes step-by-step instructions of performing bank
reconciliation.

First three steps should be done only once to set-up new Bank.

1. Set up transaction types (11/CSR). All valid transaction types
should have Bank Credit selected as 1 while Total Record and Exclude
Record fields should be 0 (zero). For total credit and total debit
transaction codes (TT) enter1 for Bank Credit and Total Record while
Exclude Record should be 0 (zero). Finally, all other total transaction
types (XT) should have 1 for Excluded Records only.
2. Maintain external Bank Accounts by taking option 3 on /CSU menu,
enter company code for both to and from, and then enter 1 for External
Bank Accounts, fifth option from the top.
3. Enter Bank Account information by choosing option 1 on /CSM menu,
select bank account to maintain and on the next screen press F8=Update.
Bank Detail window will appear. It?s VERY IMPORTANT to fill Bank ID and
account number accurately. For Transit Number and MICR symbol enter any
numeric value, as this information is not verified by subsequent
processing. However, Bank ID must have first two digits of account number
preceded by 0 (zero). The remaining digits of the account should be
entered on Account number field. For example: BANK ID???.: 021
Account number..: 458416

4. Perform Bank data download from Bank?s website to Excel
spreadsheet.
5. Delete header and total lines and change amount column to numeric
with 2 decimals on the spreadsheet.
6. Transfer spreadsheet to the iSeries using ?Transfer data to
iSeries? desktop shortcut.
7. Convert Bank data to transfer file (CSP51). For S1 Company use
option 70 ? BMO File Transfer.
8. Choose option 1 on /CSR menu to process interface data transfer.
Enter new statement number and bank account and then press ?F8=Submit
interface routine?. After the job completed, check the last page of the
report for any differences. If no differences exist, continue with the
next step.
9. Select option 3 on /CSR menu to perform automatic Bank
Reconciliation.
10. Choose option 21 on /CSR to submit ?Statement Match Status? Report
which shows match and unmatched items.
11. Continue with manual matching by selecting option 2 on /CSR menu.
12. Change bank reference on either cash item (12/CSR) or statement
(13/CSR) and continue with step 9 until all items are cleared.

Good luck,

Ernest.

James.Hawkins@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: system21-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/21/2007 03:00 PM
Please respond to
System 21 Users

system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [SYSTEM21] Automatic Bank Reconciliation

Kent,

From my recollection. The bank account needs to match the account number

defined in the bank description master file (sorry, I don't recall the
file for sure but seem like is was like CSP00, 01 or 10). Where I worked,

they used the GL Account no. for the bank ID (who knows why), so part of
what I needed to have the program I wrote to populate CSP51 do was to
convert the bank account no. to what we had in the system, another issue
we had was that the bank sent us information that had the check amounts as

text and there was some issue with the check no. I don't recall having
issues with the file layout descriptions other than understanding the
purpose of the fields (translation from British English to American
English). Did you check the file layouts with dspfld and dspffd-both
(or some 3rd party tool)and compare the field definitions?

Thank you,
- Jim

We have populated a test file and have gotten some results but can not
seem to get past the fact that the bank account is not being recognized.
It looks to me like the physical fiel description might be wrong. It
shows all fields as numeric with the exception of NARR1, NARR2, NARR3 and
Date. CS482 (which reformats the file CSP51 to CSP50) show most the
fields as alphanumeric.
at http://archive.midrange.com/system21.