Upon investigation, I believe that I've found the cause/solution to this
negative PO problem, and INfor, if you're listening, this is a free one for you
too.

The problem arises for locations running MRP and Vendor Scheduling. If a
purchased item is set-up as vendor scheduled on it's Item/Stockroom record(s)
and it's being planned by MRP, the system can't handle MRP exception messages
(Reschedule In/Out, Change Qty., etc.). The system wants Vendor Scheduling to
do all the schedule/quantity changes. All the negative PO quantities that I
have seen were for VS items with MRP exception messages on 12/MRP. The key to
running cleanly is to make sure no exception messages are produced in MRP by
using the right MRP Filter on page 2 of the Production Details record and, of
course ensuring that those filters are correctly set-up in the WTYP parameters
in 11/MDU. VS can use the 11A, 12A, 13A, 14A, and 19A filters. All these
filters should have all zeros (no exceptions) in the +-C and IO fields. You
must also have an 'A' on the Production Details Filter field (leaving it blank
will cause the non-VS filters (11, 12, etc.) to be applied to the MRP run.

Finally, after making the above filter changes, the next run of MRP will remove
the existing exception messages. You should have no more new PO negatives
introduced.

Ray Hearl
513-238-5533