From: system21-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:system21-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
richard_caldicott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 16 February 2007 21:32
To: System 21 Users
Subject: Re: [SYSTEM21] Faxing of PO's in JBA

I think the issue here is that the support is in the UK.  Mr Cobb (that
is his real name) was very helpful when we were setting up but the
machinery and protocols are a little different in the US and the time
difference was a real handicap.

Richard Caldicott
Director of Implementations
& Efficiency
Tandy Brands Accessories
817-548-0090 extn 146

"David Dewick" <david.dewick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by:
system21-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
02/16/2007 03:24 PM
Please respond to
System 21 Users <system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"System 21 Users" <system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [SYSTEM21] Faxing of PO's in JBA

We use Cobwebb/400 to fax POs, and have done for over a decade. It's
actually quite simple, it sits in the background and works with
practically no intervention except keeping fax numbers up-to-date. The
only issue we had was where to store the fax number for POs as we did
have
a conflict with sending remittance advice by fax as POs and remittance
advice often needed different numbers.

I think Cobwebb probably have a newer solution to the one we use.
They're
helpful and we've certainly never had any issues with support. The only
real problems we've had were hardware faults on the fax unit, and they
were always sorted within 24 hours.

David Dewick
IT Manager
Darcast Crankshafts Limited