Everyone answering this message has Identified a third party vendor.

At NORTH we are just using the IBM FAX module.  We had a PDF created by
the art department and compiled it as an overlay background for
printing.
We use the same technique for printing PO's locally on a Network Laser
Printer.

What we noticed is that the fax prints a wee bit different then the
local laser, so we had a different Printer file with the same logic.

We normally fax customer order acknowledgements and Purchase orders.
Our Fax Subsystem looks like this.
Subsystem/Job  User        Type  CPU %  Function        Status
QFAXSBS        QSYS        SBS      .0                   DEQW
  ACK_FAX      QPGMR       BCH      .0  CMD-FAXACK       DEQW
  FAXD01AA     NORTHOY1    BCH      .0  PGM-QFFASC       ICFW
  FAXD01AC     NORTHOY1    BCH      .0  PGM-QFFFAXCTL1   DEQW
  FAXD01AP     NORTHOY1    BCH      .0  PGM-QFFSNDCTL1   DEQW
  FAXMSTCTL    NORTHOY1    BCH      .1  PGM-QFFMSTCTL1   DEQW
  FAXTRNLOG    NORTHOY1    BCH      .0  PGM-QFFTRLOG1    DEQW
  PO_FAX       QPGMR       BCH      .0  CMD-FAXPO        DEQW

If you would like the details on How to set up the PDF Into an overlay,
I can send you the steps.  Its not hard.  Once you have the Overlay you
must compile the Printer file with special attributes for graphics.
        PRINTER DEVICE TYPE :*AFPDS
        PAGE SIZE 88/120
        LPI 8
        CPI 15
        OVERFLOW 84, PAGE ROTATION 180
        FRONT SIDE OVERLAY:  OY1##V3/PURCOVL

The Fun part is once you go into graphics mode; you can print certain
fields larger fonts, like the order number, Item number quantity, price.

 A            OQTY@P        08S00     24EDTCDE(1)
 A                                      FONT(12)
 A            QTYD@@        08S00     41EDTCDE(1)
 A                                      FONT(12)
 A            @PNUM         15A       59FONT(12)
 A  30        DUED@@        10A       88FONT(12)

It has worked out very well!

Let me know if you need more info
Once you have done the Overlay and graphics a couple of times, you get
into all sorts of other forms and barcode stuff, without any third party
software.

Fred.