From: system21-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:system21-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Tringham
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 9:43 PM
To: system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SYSTEM21] "This record is being updated by another job"

THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN SCANNED BY SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS.
We are having a problem with FIFO Cost Adjustment dumping.  After this
happens, the item gets 'locked' the unhelpful message above is
displayed,
and we cannot do further maintenance.  I hunted through all the obvious
places (APP99, INP99...) but couldn't find any locks there.  It turns
out
that the program locks the record by setting STAT60 on INP60 to 'A'.

So I asked Infor (through Answerlink) if this was documented anywhere,
whether it was safe to set that flag to blanks in the day-end, and
whether
the equivalent field STAT35 on INP35 is used in the same way.

The response I got was "We do not document in detail how programmes work
or
what they do with files".  Well that explains a lot!!

Since Geac/Infor don't know, I wonder if anyone else does.  Or whether
there are similar "non-standard" locks.  I know about PMP02 & OEP40, but
maybe there are others.  We are using Style Aurora v1.2, but I don't
think
this stuff has changed in the last 10 years.

Best Regards
Chris