   -----Ori= ginal Message-----
   From: Prill, Steve [mailto:sprill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
   Sent: Wednesda= y, September 14, 2005 7:39 AM
   To: System 21 Users
   S= ubject: RE: [SYSTEM21] Creating PF's or LF's

   Bill,
   <= /TT>
   The IBM Redbook "Geac System 21 - Implementation for AS/400" is= an
   excellent
   resource http:/www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg2= 45967.html
   and has great examples of naming conventions.  = See Chapter 11
   (Customization) and page 390 for specifics.
   <= /TT>
   One other thing to consider is if you create logicals over Syst= em 21
   physicals you might want to have custom libraries with a = name that is
   lower
   in the iSeries sorting order.

   <T= T>Our custom libraries all start with the first letter of 'Z'.  The
   re= ason for
   this is in the event of system restore resulting from = a disaster, a
   disaster
   test, hard drive failure, etc. when you = restore your libraries it is
   generally done via a RSTLIB *NONSY= S or some equivalent method. These
   methods
   restore the librarie= s alphabetically starting with 'A'. The restore can
   not
   restore= logical files if the physicals do not already exist on the
   system.
   </TT= >
   In our case all of the System 21 and other libraries will be resto= red
   before
   any of our custom 'Z' libraries.

   I h= ope this makes sense as it is a very important concept.  Worst case
   is   that if you did not use this library naming convention you wou= ld have
   manually recreate or restore all of your logicals af= ter everything else
   was
   restored in a disaster.  However, = you usually have plenty of other
   things to
   keep you busy in a d= isaster and this would delay recovery.

   Steve Prill
   = Senior I.S. Project Manager
   Rexair LLC