Bill,

Any custom objects, we use a standard prefix of C#.  This is something that
JBA is unlikely to use, and distinct enough to allow us to instantly
recognize that it is custom.

We can also do a wrkobj LIBRARY/C#* to see all the customer file objects at
a glance.  (All custom program mods reside in their own custom mod library,
but also use this prefix).

JBA's standard for program naming lacks usefulness.  We developed our own
standard, and I would recommend that you do as well.  If you are still
making mods/developing in RPG III, you should be cognizant that file names
are limited to 8 characters in RPG III programs.

Our shop uses the following naming convention... I'd be interested in
hearing what other shops use:

Object Name:  "C#"
                        + 2 digit module abbreviation
                        + 2 digit project code
                        + 1 digit Object Type abbreviation
                        + 1 digit Sequence code

So if it were the first custom project for the AP module, we would associate
all the programs together by starting their name with C#PL01.

Then we would append the object type abbreviation:
                        F=Physical File
                        L=Logical File
                        R=RPG Program
                        C=CL Program
                        P=Printer File
                        D=Display File

And then we would start with the sequence code of "A" and move up the
alphabet.

So for a given project, we might have the following objects developed:
                        C#PL01CA (CL), C#PL01RA (RPGLE),
                        C#PL01RB (RPGLE), C#PL01DA (display),
                        C#PL01PA (printer file)

Something to think about...