Chris,

OH MY GOD!  You have GOT to be kidding me.  We are no
where near April Fools Day.

I am deadly serious when I say that the person who
told you this needs to be identified and reported to
their supervisor at GEAC for telling you this.  They
need to be stopped before they hurt someone!

This person is so severely misinformed that they are a
danger to the customer base.  If anyone on this list
has received similar advice, and are following it, you
need to seriously consider the ramifications.

If you follow this person's advice you might just as
well stop paying maintenance because you'll never want
to apply any more PTFs that make any changes to the
Application Definitions, Library Lists, Tasks or
Menus.

You should NEVER make any changes to the STANDARD
Application Definitions, Library Lists, Tasks or
Menus.  And if you have modified the source don't
store it in the Standard library.  (I didn't think I
would have had to make such an obvious statement but
given the content of this discussion I am loath to
leave even the most obvious comment unsaid.)

Unbelievable.