What concerns me here is the error that was creating the error report.  My
guess is that it is the same one repeated multiple times.  Do you know what
the error is and what is the status of UPDNOG on FLP007?  You may also wish
to consider consolidating your AFI postings to create fewer FLP008 records
per run.  The other issue here is that your invoices have been posted to
A/R - rerunning the AFI portion will mean that you could loose the link
between A/R and OE, if you use it.

If you check everything out and decide to correct the data I would suggest
SQLing the company code on both FLP007 & FLP008 to 'XX' (providing that
isn't a valid company for you) - you can remove these at a later date.  You
should be able to access the FLP007 records by session but the FLP008
records probably need to be accessed with a range of DOCREFs and UPDNOG =
0.

After verifying that the G/L error you got before isn't a problem (or you
fix the issue) and having corrected your AFI rules you can set the print
flag on OEP65 records to 'S' and the GLUP65 to blank.  If you then process
a dummy invoice for $1, you should pull through the new extract.  This will
of course generate new invoice copies too which you will probably want to
discard.

I haven't had chance to double check all these notes so you will want to
RUN A TEST before trying this in live just in case I missed a setting.

Oh, and I'm still concerned about the G/L error....................

Richard Caldicott
Director of Implementations
& Efficiencies
Tandy Brands Accessories
817-548-0090 extn 146

                      "Thomas, Donna"

                      <DThomas@wabutler.        To:       "System 21 Users"
<system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      com>                      cc:

                      Sent by:                  Subject:  RE: [SYSTEM21]   RPG
question
                      system21-bounces@m

                      idrange.com

                      09/08/2004 09:02

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      System 21 Users

 I'm wondering if anyone has ever had to recover a failed GLUPDATE job?

We update our invoices in GL using AFI, which is driven by posting rules
in FIP45. On 9/7/04, the AFIGLUPDAT job produced a 13,000 page
EXCEPTIONS - DEFAULT ACCOUNT POSTINGS report (FI551PT3). The error
message was ' Rule not found'. We have since determined that the AFI
posting rule in our FIP45 records is no longer on the system because a
new newly numbered rule has been made effective. The FLP008 records were
created with the actual account as the GL account number, but when
background job GLUPDATE tried to process those FLP008 records, the
program GL161, looped and produced a spool file so large, it caused a
critical storage warning on our system. There are approximately 130,000
FLP008 records that have this problem that haven't been processed by
GLUPDATE.

The UPDNOG (Update Number General Ledger) is still 0 for the FLP008
records in the session, which leads me to believe general ledger
accounts have not been updated with this information. Is that correct?

I'm trying to determine how to recover from this. I am thinking of
deleting the FLP008 and associated FLP007 records for this session and
then updating the FIP45 records to use the correct AFI posting rule,
re-running the AFIGLUPDAT and seeing if the new FLP007 and FLP008
records would process through the GLUPDATE job. Will this recovery work?
If not, how do I recover this?

We are using version 3.5.0b of System 21, if that matters.

== Donna Thomas
The Butler Company.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information transmitted in this message is
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you
received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of
this document.  Thank you.
The Butler Company