From: system21-bounces+sprill=rexairinc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:system21-bounces+sprill=rexairinc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Geac User
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 11:45 AM
To: System 21 Users
Subject: RE: [SYSTEM21] AFI

Nigel is spot on with the clue he gave you.  But loading '&&' won't
resolve the problem for you.

If you look at what happens when you initially load the job into Machine
Manager (suggest you go and add a dummy entry to follow the example) you
have to define the task entry with && since it uses the EXCAMTASK
command to execute the tasks.  (As Nigel said, tasks less than 99 do not
allow company number to be
specified.) When you then press enter it looks at the task definition
and sees that there is an interactive component on the definition and it
pops up that selection window (same as 3/INW does) and asks you to tell
it what company number you're trying to run the AFI extract for.  Once
you press F8 it captures that LDA information in the Machine Manager
files for later use when the job actually executes that command.

So the '&&' bit isn't really what is used when the job runs but rather
it's the company number stored when the interactive selection screen
pops up and F8 is pressed.

I don't know what your CL is calling to try to make the extract run but
I have a feeling a straight forward call may not cut it.  There are many
program examples of embedded calls to submit a job via the Cross-APPs
submit job facility. (Search for XA902 in your RPG source code for an
example.) With the LDA set just right I believe this simulates the batch
component of the EXCAMTASK command.

You can issue the EXCAMTASK command directly from inside a batched CL
pgm but only if there is NO interactive component on the task
definition.

Another thought, take a close look at the task definition for 3/INW =
FI/ /03/0046 you will see the initial return code set to 'AM' and that's
also a critical bit.

As a simpler alternative, I would suggest running the MM version more
often to accomplish the same thing.
Run it every night if you like.  It can't hurt.  And timing isn't an
issue with regard to the rolling of the Inventory calendars, AFI can run
before or after that.

Cheers

--- Rose Clarke <rclarke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Nigel, we will try it with '&&' and see if it either solves the

> problem or gives us some more clues.
>
> Rose.

http://archive.midrange.com/system21.

This email and any attachment are confidential and may be
legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipients,
please notify the author by replying to this email message,
and then delete all copies of the email on the system.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose,
distribute, copy, print or use this email in any manner.

Email messages and attachments may contain viruses.  Although
we take precautions to check for viruses, we make no assurances
about the absence of viruses.  We accept no liability and suggest
that you carry out your own virus checks.