Nigel is spot on with the clue he gave you.  But

If you look at what happens when you initially load
the job into Machine Manager (suggest you go and add a
dummy entry to follow the example) you have to define
the task entry with && since it uses the EXCAMTASK
command to execute the tasks.  (As Nigel said, tasks
less than 99 do not allow company number to be
specified.) When you then press enter it looks at the
task definition and sees that there is an interactive
component on the definition and it pops up that
selection window (same as 3/INW does) and asks you to
tell it what company number you're trying to run the
AFI extract for.  Once you press F8 it captures that
LDA information in the Machine Manager files for later
use when the job actually executes that command.

So the '&&' bit isn't really what is used when the job
runs but rather it's the company number stored when
the interactive selection screen pops up and F8 is
pressed.

I don't know what your CL is calling to try to make
the extract run but I have a feeling a straight
forward call may not cut it.  There are many program
examples of embedded calls to submit a job via the
Cross-APPs submit job facility. (Search for XA902 in
your RPG source code for an example.) With the LDA set
just right I believe this simulates the batch
component of the EXCAMTASK command.

You can issue the EXCAMTASK command directly from
inside a batched CL pgm but only if there is NO
interactive component on the task definition.

Another thought, take a close look at the task
definition for 3/INW = FI/ /03/0046 you will see the
initial return code set to 'AM' and that's also a
critical bit.

As a simpler alternative, I would suggest running the
MM version more often to accomplish the same thing.
Run it every night if you like.  It can't hurt.  And
timing isn't an issue with regard to the rolling of
the Inventory calendars, AFI can run before or after
that.

Cheers