Steve

This is our config for an HP5000 device and we use exactly the same for
other HP (5M, 4MV and 4050) and Ricoh devices. I have x'd the IP for
obvious reasons. We have used same description from OS V4RX thru to
current V5R2

BR

 Device description . . . . . . . . :   AUTPR602
 Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *BASIC
 Category of device . . . . . . . . :   *PRT

 Device class . . . . . . . . . . . :   *LAN
 Device type  . . . . . . . . . . . :   3812
 Device model . . . . . . . . . . . :   1
 LAN attachment . . . . . . . . . . :   *IP
 Port number  . . . . . . . . . . . :   9100
 Physical attachment  . . . . . . . :   *DIRECT
 Online at IPL  . . . . . . . . . . :   *YES
 Font:
   Identifier . . . . . . . . . . . :   011
   Point size . . . . . . . . . . . :   *NONE
 Form feed  . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *AUTOCUT
 Separator drawer . . . . . . . . . :   *FILE
Separator program  . . . . . . . . :   *NONE
Printer error message  . . . . . . :   *INQ
Message queue  . . . . . . . . . . :   QSYSOPR
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . . . :     QSYS
Current message queue  . . . . . . :   QSYSOPR
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . . . :     QSYS
Activation timer . . . . . . . . . :   170
Inactivity timer . . . . . . . . . :   *SEC15
Line speed . . . . . . . . . . . . :   19200
Word length  . . . . . . . . . . . :   8
Type of parity . . . . . . . . . . :   *NONE
Stop bits  . . . . . . . . . . . . :   1
Host print transform . . . . . . . :   *YES
Manufacturer type and model  . . . :   *HP4
Paper source 1 . . . . . . . . . . :   *A4
Paper source 2 . . . . . . . . . . :   *A4
Envelope source  . . . . . . . . . :   *DL
ASCII code page 899 support  . . . :   *NO
Image configuration  . . . . . . . :   *NONE
Character identifier . . . . . . . :   *SYSVAL
Remote location:
  Name or address  . . . . . . . . :   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Workstation customizing object . . :   *NONE
User-defined object  . . . . . . . :   *NONE
  Object type  . . . . . . . . . . :     *NONE
Data transform program . . . . . . :   *NONE
System driver program  . . . . . . :   *HPPJLDRV
Allocated to:
Job name . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   AUTPR602
  User . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :     QSPLJOB
  Number . . . . . . . . . . . . . :     254340
Published  . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *NO
Publishing information:
  Support duplex . . . . . . . . . :   *UNKNOWN
  Support color  . . . . . . . . . :   *UNKNOWN
  Pages per minute black . . . . . :   *UNKNOWN
  Pages per minute color . . . . . :   *UNKNOWN
  Location . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *BLANK
  Data streams supported . . . . . :   *UNKNOWN

Rick Allen
Voest Alpine Mining & Tunnelling Pty Limited, IT
Office Phone: +61 (0)2 4985 2622

This e-mail is confidential and it is intended only for the addressees.
Any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately by
telephone or e-mail and delete the message from your system. The sender
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of
this message which may arise as a result of the e-mail transmission.

Steve Dodkins <Steve.Dodkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent by: system21-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
29/07/2004 07:42 PM
Please respond to System 21 Users

To:
"'System 21 Users'" <system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc:

Subject:
[SYSTEM21]   FW: Printer Connectivity

Hi

Has anyone got the correct configuration to connect a HP4600n laser
printer
to the as400 via tcp?

I have created a device description using the *hp4000 driver but the print
remains at status pnd before giving an error message to check the config
of
the printer.

Regards

Steve Dodkins

Welcome ... to the world of air technology and drive engineering, the
world
of ebm-papst. Get informed on our unique range of products. And get to
know
how motor technology and engineering, aerodynamics and electronics are
made
to interact to perfection in our innovative system solutions.

IMPORTANT NOTICE This email (including any attachments) is meant only for
the intended recipient. It may also contain confidential and privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any reliance on, use,
disclosure, distribution or copying of this email or attachments is
strictly
prohibited. This email is not intended to be relied upon by any person
without subsequent written confirmation of its contents. ebmpapst UK Ltd.
cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this
message as it has been transmitted over a public network. Furthermore, the
content of this e-mail is the personal view of the sender and does not
represent the advice, views or opinion of our company. Accordingly, our
company disclaim all responsibility and accept no liability (including in
negligence) for the consequences of any person acting, or refraining from
acting, on such information prior to the receipt by those persons of
subsequent written confirmation. In particular (but not by way of
limitation) our company disclaims all responsibility and accepts no
liability for any e-mails which are defamatory, offensive, racist or in
any
other way are in breach of any third party's rights, including breach of
confidence, privacy or other rights. If you have received this e-mail
message in error, please notify me immediately by telephone. Please also
destroy and delete the message from your computer. Any form of
reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or
publication of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you suspect
that the message may have been intercepted or amended, please notify
ebmpapst UK Ltd on +44(0)1245 468555.
ebmpapst (UK) Ltd Chelmsford Business Park, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 5EZ