I've done this before. I'm sure you can still do it - you need to update the
DDS prior to creating the logical. It just needs a bit of fancy coding to look
for the Select Statement within the DDS.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Brunk, Kevin
  To: System 21 Users
  Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 6:34 AM
  Subject: RE: [SYSTEM21] Selecting a calculated date within a logical file.

  Margaret,

  Maybe there was a different version of OS/400 in the UK at one time that
allowed this, but I've never seen a feature like this - as nice as it would
have been.  I did however, work with a third party command at one time, CRTLV
(Create Logical View) and it allowed precisely what you describe.  It was very
nice and sadly it became supported by (whomever wrote it) as OS/400 marched on.

  ==Kevin