From: system21-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:system21-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of lbriggs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 27 February 2004 19:30
To: System 21 Users
Subject: Re: [SYSTEM21] Implementing Inventory for the consumables

We do all our tool room and many other consumable items here.

Assign a part number to each item, and a stock room probably different
from your inventory items.

Then just create requisitions, and or Purchase orders as required, and
receive them in just like any other inventory item.  Issue out all items
and there is no real difference in how you control these opposed to doing
parts inventory.  We find having these items in their own stock room keeps
down confusion.

Larry Briggs
EDI Coordinator
Unipres U.S.A. Inc.