From: Gary Shipp [mailto:gary.shipp@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 5:49 AM
To: SYSTEM21@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SYSTEM21] Sales orders posted into the wrong period

A user at our company made an error when creating our calendar file for
2004, entering dates so that period 2 was only effectively only 1 week long
and period 3 7 weeks.  Several sales invoice posting sessions were performed
before anyone noticed the error.

As a result, we now have a few thousand invoices in period 4/3 instead of
4/2.  The calendar has now been corrected, however, the accountants want the
items moved into the right period.

What I was intending to do is as follows;

 1) Use the SL Interface to firstly credit each invoice currently in period
3, than create new invoices in period 2.  We realise that new invoice
numbers will be created and are happy to put up with this.

 2) SQL OEP65 and OEP70 to correct the period number from 10403 to 10402.

Are there any other issues that I need to consider addressing?  Is simply
SQL'ing OEP65 and OEP70 an acceptable solution to resolving the incorrect
periods on the SOP side of things?

Thanks for any help.

--

_________________________

Gary Shipp

(iSeries Development Project Manager)

System Three Technology Ltd

Tel:     01553 636792

Fax:     01553 636414

Mob:     07974 328454

The information contained in or attached to this email is intended only for

the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.

If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for

delivering it to the intended recipient, you are not authorised to and

must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of

it. It may contain information which is confidential and/or

covered by legal professional or other privilege (or other rules or laws

with similar effect in jurisdictions outside England and Wales).

The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of System 3

Technology Ltd. It's directors or employees make no representation or accept

any liability for it's accuracy or completeness unless expressly stated to

the contrary.  If you have received this email in error please forward to

solutions@xxxxxxxxx