Hi Neil

no, I don't believe it is possible to have more than
one period active at a time, be it a Sales Ledger,
Purchase Ledger or General Ledger period. i.e. you
cannot Open another SL Period without first closing
the current Open SL Period.

I am not sure how much or how little of System21 you
are using, but the SL Interface seems to be working
correctly, for the way you have the system set. I
mean, if you try and post an Invoice directly in SL
from the System21 menu (1/ARP), and you have Parameter
14 set, the same happens as in the Interface. You
cannot set the Period to anything other than the
current Open Period. If the Document Date is outside
of that period, then you get a warning message panel,
but it does allow you to continue, but the period
cannot be anything but the current Open one.

We have Parameter 14 set off, which gives a lot more
flexibility with regards to posting to future periods.
Unfortunately, it is probably too much flexibility as
we have had users transposing year and month and
posting transaction into the wrong year!

I'm not sure I can be much more help. My suggestion
would be to let the transactions in SLPI0/SLPI1 fail,
and reflag them so that they are validated again in
the next run. As soon as your finance people close the
current period and reoopen the next one, they will
validate and get posted.
To reflag them, set the SFLGI0 from "E" (Error) to "W"
(Waiting to be validated).

Best Wishes

Juan

--- Neil Thursby <neil.thursby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>